Friday, May 2, 2008

Introductions

A few months ago when I purchased Beats, I thought it was a fun little game, and well worth the $5. Soon enough, however, I became bored with my music and the game's too easy/too hard settings and stopped playing.

But one day I started to play with oft-neglected "Jamming" mode and realized what a great portable DJ tool this could be. That is, if I could add my own loops and samples.

So, since April 26th, I've been working on reverse engineering the game, hoping to do just that. I think things are clear enough now to share my findings and hope the community can help me fill in a few holes and create a script to automate the (what seems to be) overly complicated process of building files Beats can use.

And no complaints about the URL, it's late and I thought it was funny.

No comments: